Anveo Managed File Transfer – MFT
What is Anveo MFT?
Anveo Managed File Transfer is a “Communication Handler” developed by Anveo IT Services GmbH, which is specialized in Software as a Service solutions. It offers the file transfer service outside the BC Online/AL environment as SaaS in Azure and thus enables automated file exchange in the BC Online environment.
Why is a “Communication Handler” needed?
A “Communication Handler” is technically essential to ensure that the automatic data exchange can also function properly when using BC Online (Public Cloud/ SaaS).
The background is that there is no possibility to develop a communication component – for e.g. FTP and AS2 – directly in BC Cloud.
It is not mandatory you use our Anveo MFT as a “Communication Handler”. There are also other/own solutions for this. This is just an option.
More information about how to create an own “Communication Handler” is available at https://docs.anveogroup.com/en/manual/anveo-edi-connect-installation-and-configuration/development-integration/custom-communication-handler/
Which protocols are supported?
- FTP/FTPS (Client)
- SFTP (Client)
- AS/2 (Server and Client)
- X400 (not directly. E.g. via eGate provided by Pranke GmbH)
- further protocols on request
How is the availability?
Anveo MFT is available for the Anveo EDI Connect solution for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Online (Public Cloud/ SaaS from Microsoft). Like the EDI license for BC Online, Anveo MFT is only available as subscription.
Furthermore, it is available for On Prem Extension (from BC 14). In this case too, Anveo MFT is used as subscription. Regardless of whether the Anveo EDI Connect license has been purchased or will be used as a subscription.
MFT will not be available for older versions of NAV.
How is it billed?
Anveo MFT is operated by Anveo IT Services GmbH, which specializes in Software-as-a-Service solutions.
Billing for the Anveo MFT service is:
- Issued based on 50MB blocks or parts thereof. Each block costs 10€/$12 (e.g. up to 50MB for 10€/$12, up to 100MB for 20€/$24, up to 150MB for 30€/$36)
- Based on the actual use from the previous half-year
- Free of charge for up to 100MB per month in the first year
- If these are exceeded, the additional consumption will be calculated as normal
The first year starts with the creation of the Anveo MFT license key. In the first year, a statement of use will be issued, so that the future use can be calculated more easily. For most of our users, 50MB per month is usually sufficient. A typical large invoice has up to 50KB.
Since the first year is free of charge up to 100MB per month, we do not create a trial license for MFT.
Term of notice: 1 month at the end of the month
How can I get registered for Anveo MFT?
- The user registers on the Anveo MFT platform.
- The user orders his own Anveo MFT license key. He receives this from Anveo Partner Care and enters this license key into his account on the Anveo MFT platform.
- Afterwards he gets access to the dashboard and can create a maximum of one live client and an unlimited number of test clients.
What is the Anveo MFT platform?
The Anveo MFT platform is the portal where the Anveo users manage their data transfers. Anyone can register for the portal. But access to a dashboard is only granted to those who either order and import an Anveo MFT license key themselves or who are activated by their partner/customer.
The user can set up one live client and an unlimited number of test clients for data-technically separate environments such as live and test systems. All are assigned to the same account. In the test system, automatic processing only runs for one day at a time and must be manually reactivated in the MFT interface.
A company with several locations can connect those several locations with one live client. Technically seen this is one access, one dashboard and one accounting. This also means that, as an Anveo partner, you cannot supply several customers with one Anveo MFT Live license.
The Anveo MFT platform provides an overview of incoming and outgoing files.
- Inbox: incoming message from the communication partner
- Fetched: stored by MFT in own Dynamics
- Outbox: stored by Dynamics in Anveo MFT platform
- Sent: received by the communication partner
It also provides an overview of the live and test clients to be managed, as well as the possibility of setting up new connectors: